Sunday, October 3, 2010

Update: Cathryn’s in Lisbon, Bob’s Not

 

First some background; we are traveling on “miles” for this trip, so Cathryn is flying via United and Bob is (or was) flying Alaska/Air France. So we left Seattle at different times, and we’re taking different routes to Marrakech, where we were to meet each other and our daughter Mackenzie and our favorite son in law Matt. We were all scheduled to arrive in Marrakech within 3 hours of each other Sunday night (local time). Well, as of Sunday morning local time, Cathryn have arrived in Lisbon, tired but on time. She will meet up with Matt and Mackenzie later this afternoon and the three of them will fly together to Marrakech.

sad_face

Bob on the other hand is not faring so well. At his first intermediate stop, in the ol USA, he, the dumb s**t, lost his passport. (This is Bob writing the post, and you should know that that’s the nicest thing I’ve called myself the last 12 hours or so). After much scurrying around, including some wonderful assistance from the folks at Air France, the doors had to close on the flight to Paris, with Bob on the wrong side. So Bob, the one who will never again give Cathryn a hard time for checking everything twice, is now on his way home to Seattle, where first thing Monday morning he will show up at the passport office with all his papers, photos, and humble solicitude, seeking an expedited passport.

If all goes well I’ll get to Marrakech Wednesday night, and then figure out how to catch up with the rest of the group.  I certainly wouldn’t want to miss our trip on a camel out into the desert for the night! (Or would I?)  Cathryn and I talked to each other after I lost the passport and before she left Newark, so she knew I wasn’t going to make it. We “talked” again, via email when she arrived in Lisbon.

I’ll post more when I know more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bumber,Bob. but havent we all done things like that